Manyara’s Secret was built and is managed with a focus on nature and the community.
- Our water comes from a spring on the other side of the lake.
- Due to the construction of our pipeline, the surrounding Maasai villages have clean running water.
- We use the rainy season to fill our 200 cubic meter water basin, so that we do not have to rely on the spring in scarce times, when our community needs it most.
- Electricity is generated from our solar park.
- The water is heated by solar boilers.
- Manyara’s Secret was built and furnished by local craftsman using local materials, based on proven Tanzanian techniques
We have built the most beautiful lodge in Tanzania here